Saturday, April 23, 2011

Dying Easter Eggs

4-18-11 After our FHE lesson we dyed our Easter Eggs. The boys were so excited, and loved every min. of it. Then they got to do it all over again the next day, because grandma Welling had them come up to dye eggs at her house as well.



Once again, my children have been stripped naked so that they can enjoy their painting project. Then it is into the bathtub they go.









Evan enjoyed the project by sucking on a boiled egg that had his name written on it, in crayon.







anxiously waiting until they can pull the eggs out of the colored water.




Both boys said some funny things today as well. Thayne had a nightmare the night before so he was sleeping in our bed early this morning. As I have said before Thayne has really become interested in the solar system and universe ever since we went to the planetarium. So at 5 am Evan wakes up and wants a bottle. As I went to get him one, I woke up Laycee my sisters dog whom we are watching while my sister and her family are on vacation in Las Vegas. So since I woke up the dog, it began to whine--I figured it needed to go to the bathroom. So I take the dog outside to go potty. While I am outside the phone rings and Corey has to answer it. It was a person asking what our weekly rates are. Mind you by this time Thayne had crawled into bed with us. So, when I come back in, Thayne looks to be dead asleep and I crawl into the middle of the bed next to Corey. Corey tells me that we had a phone call and I say: "are you serious? who was it?" and immediately Thayne sits straight up with a big grin on his face and says: "Sirius is a star!!" Corey and I both laugh, I tell Thayne to lay back down and go back to sleep and he replies, "ok mommy." and then goes back out again. Now if you don't know, sirius is a star, he learned this off of a youtube video which is pretty cool. You can see it at: www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS88G5WBcfQ&feature=related entitled Our Solar System-Size of planets and stars to scale.

Then after our little egg dying project Corey and I were tag teaming in tickling Ashton. We kept pulling him across the bed saying mine, no he's mine, over and over again. Finally he said: "whoa, whoa guys....stop!" and put his little hands up when he said it. His tone was so serious like he was breaking up a fight, it totally caught Corey and I off guard and we busted up laughing. I love these boys they are so funny.

1 comment:

Christian and Jennifer said...

Ha, ha! That's too funny! I wonder if you remember how Daisy and I took Astronomy a million years ago and we started saying "Siriusly?!" as a weird joke because of that very star.