Saturday, October 8, 2011

A long overdue post

Skipping all of the drama of the last six months.....here are the facts:

1.) We have a name, an actual diagnosis for Corey's illness. Pudental Nerve Entrapment, or PNE for short.

2.) We are being sued by the doctor who gave him his surgery back in March because we cannot pay our bill. (And because of fraudulent billing and undisclosed charges he did not recieve any money covered by insurance.) For three weeks after the surgery, corey was like a new man he felt fantastic. Then, very suddenly and rapidly it got worse and for the past 6 months he has been bed ridden and in more pain and requires more medication than he did before the surgery. I make $12,000 a year. Our portion out of pocket is over $20,000. The doctor is sueing us for $160,000 and has filed a fraud charge against Corey, oh and I shouldn't forget will seek to garnish any wages he does make. (which has been zero for almost a year now.)

3.) The lawyers we have spoken to all say not to worry and focus on getting Corey better and not worry about what this doctor in California is doing or not doing. We have found out that a group of people, seven to be exact, look as if they plan to counter sue this same doctor because he has sought legal action against them as well. They want us to jump on the band wagon.

4.) We recently discovered, through the wonders of the Internet, several other doctors that perform this same surgery. One had a post of a step by step procedure of this surgery. In his lecture, he states; that a patients symptoms will get worse after surgery then they were before. (something our doctor never told us.) Also it can take up to 2 years to know the outcome of the surgery itself, and after that time if there is still no improvement, then another surgery may be necessary. This news actually gave us hope and lifted our spirits.

5.) Another doctor back east whom Corey contacted returned our call and reconfirmed that it may take up to two years after the surgery to really know if it was successful or not, and in the mean time he needs to go to physical therapy and have regular nerve block injections. (also something we did not know.)

And that is it in a nut shell. We are just plugging along. Praying, hoping, and trying to enjoy the little things in life that make us happy. Example: three beautiful little boys who remind us why were are fighting so hard to keep it together.

1 comment:

Christian and Jennifer said...

Oh, Hailey . . . I'm so, so sorry. How awful. I cannot begin to tell you how sorry I am that you have had to go through all of this. I am praying for you and hoping with all of my heart that Corey will get better in the next year and that no more surgery will be required. As for the doctor, he sounds like a total @$&hole. I'm so sorry. Our thoughts and prayers are with you guys. Please keep us posted. I'm terrible about looking at people's blogs these days, but I will check yours regularly. Love you!