For those of you who do not already know, Corey and I moved in November 2009. I was given the opportunity to be the on site manager for the Prairie Inn Motel here in our hometown. It has been an incredible blessing to us because I am able to help provide an income while still being "at home" with my children. The living quarters are very nice and the perfect size for our little family (2 bedroom 2 bath). The boys have adapted very well. (Although they do get frustrated if learning time, or story time is interrupted by either the phone or my having to run to the front desk.)
Corey was also hired to help with the maintenance and some cleaning. It provides additional income and a good steady job for him as well. Our plans for the moment are to use this time to save as much money as possible. Corey has just recently had a surgery for a varicose vein that has troubled him for a number of years, causing great pain and lack of circulation. Now that he is starting to recover he hopes to find another job. (Be it full time or part time.) The hours for maintenance work here at the motel is flexible which will allow him to seek additional income.
We are awaiting the birth of our third boy which should happen very shortly. I am scheduled to be induced on the 16th however the boys and Corey have fell ill with a terrible cold. So I am rethinking being induced. I don't want to expose our new little guy to a lingering virus in our home. This will be our last child, Corey and I have decided three boys who are 3 years old and under will be enough of a handful. I plan on getting my tubes tied after the birth. We still haven't decided on a name, but we are narrowing it down a little. I have a few posts to catch up on such as the holidays and Thayne's birthday, so look for them in the next couple of days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You're so lucky to have a job and home in the same place. I know what you mean by needing extra income, but can't bring myself to sit in front of a computer to do medical billing so I can work from home. I'm hoping maybe once they are in school I can help out...till then I'm grateful for Mikes job and credit cards as bad as that is....
Post a Comment