
Corey and I are the proud parents of two little ducklings. Both hatched on June 24, 2009. It was an amazing experience to watch them come out of their little eggs. A birth I will never forget. The first hatched within an hour. The second took 7 hours struggling, giving up and then trying again. I so badly wanted to just bust it out of it's shell, but I knew by doing so it would result in a weak duckling that would eventually die. Corey and I peeped and whistled at them to try to encourage them in their efforts and it worked!! These ducks are Muscovy's, they are adorable at birth but grow up to become very ugly. They are however great foragers when it comes to killing bugs and other unwanted vermin. The meat is also said to be very good. Here is a picture of one of our new arrivals. I hope to post a video on the "birth" soon.

2 comments:
Wow, I had no idea it would take so long... poor little ducks.
Ahh, they are so cute! My brother just moved to Twoole and he's got chickens! I'll never know what it's like to live with anything other than a cat or dog. Can't wait to hear about all the adventures your boys will have with them!
Post a Comment