Thursday, June 11, 2009

Meaghan Welling's Baptism

On Saturday June 6th the boys and I headed down to Spanish Fork, UT to attend the baptism of my niece. Corey was so burned out from driving the cab all night long that he was not able to go. Corey usually cant attend weekend events because Friday and Saturday nights are the most busy for Corey and he gets NO sleep either night. Right before I was to leave out of town my brother in law Tracey called. (Meaghan's Dad) He wanted to let us know that they were planning on having the open house at their neighbors after the baptism, the neighbors have a pool and Nicki and Tracey thought it would be fun for the kids to go swimming. I really had to scramble to get stuff gathered, I was totally unprepared due to the fact that I have never taken the kids swimming before. I left later than I had hoped and ended up missing the baptism. When I pulled into the church parking lot they were just finishing up the program. But we made it in time for the pictures. Thayne is down front (orange shirt) but I am hiding in the back of the crowd feeding Ashton a bottle.
For it being the first time either of my boys have been swimming they both did very well. I was pretty nervous about taking them by myself and worried about Thayne especially (he is not fond of water.) They did very well, I did however have to "carry" Thayne the whole time. Also neither boy really liked being splashed by the other kids....that took some getting use to but eventually it didn't bother them as much. They warmed up to the idea of being in the pool rather quickly and we even had a little fun jumping up and down in the water. Thayne kept laughing at his twin cousins who kept jumping into the pool totally unafraid. It was a good pool to give them their first experience in....it is a salted rather than chlorinated pool which is good for their eczema and it was heated!

No comments: