Based on their looks alone they are pretty darn adorable. Couple that with their amazingly funny, sweet and quirky personalities and you would have to agree with me. I have had many people who know my kids personally tell me how much they adore them, so I know all this to be true and not just a bias Mother's opinion. I have already arranged for my friend Jennifer to lay claim on one of them as her future son in law.
I was looking at her blog the other night and a picture of her oldest daughter Ainsley was on the screen. I turned to Thayne and said, "Thayne, I have found you a wife!!" (Note: my sons are always talking about how they need to grow up and get married in the Temple and have kids of their own.) Thayne gets this big grin on his face and says: "You've found me a wife.....where?" So I show him a picture of Ainsley and he started asking questions about where she lived and if it was far away. (Which.....she does live far away, and the two children have never met.)
I thought it was so funny how he was just totally accepting of whatever Mom chooses for him. I know that will not last very long. These three boys keep Corey and I going, and not just because of the intense boy energy that they exude. They bring us sunshine when all we see is rain. They make us laugh during times that we are more inclined to cry. They remind us not to feel sorry for ourselves because we have them in our lives and they are more precious than anything else we could ever wish or hope for. I love them tremendously and feel an overwhelming sense of obligation to help them reach their greatest potential as men and sons of God. I hope to do my part the best I can, as does Corey. I am sure all of you feel the same about your own children.

1 comment:
Oh, my goodness! Ainsley got his letter and it thing EVER!!! We have been out of town for a few weeks, but she will write very soon. It was too cute for words. I am going to save it for her because it is just the most adorable thing EVER! Sorry . . . I always miss your posts because I'm lame about checking blogs anymore. Hope you are well and happy and we're sending lots of hugs your way!
Post a Comment