Sunday, March 24, 2013

Snowball Fluffy Welling

The new addition to our little family:

 
For months now the boys have been begging for a pet.....any sort of pet.  Can we have a dog, can we have a cat, can we get a fish, etc. etc.   Well I have been promising them that I would get them something.  I knew they wanted something they could hold, so the fish option was out.  I knew they wanted something cuddly, but I did not want a dog or a cat. So we went to our local Murdocks to look at the baby chicks and bunnies that they sell every spring.  The boys were begging for a baby chick.  hmm.....as much as I would love to have chickens again, now is not the time.  So I walked over to the bunnies and said, how about a bunny? So we picked the one that was not huddled in a mass under the food bin.  It seemed socially independent and we liked that.  So here it is.  (It is still too young for us to tell if it is a boy or a girl.)  The boys and I collaborated on the name.
 
 
We have all fallen in love with this rabbit.  She, (wishful thinking,) is so snugly.  She loves to be held and stroked.  She seems a bit too young still to be away from her mama, and I swear she has not really eaten very much which worries me greatly.  We will see how things go. 
 

2 comments:

Perren Family said...

Your boys are getting so big, they are completely adorable. Good luck with your new pet!

Christian and Jennifer said...

So cute! What a wonderful family you have . . . I miss you!