WE HAVE CHICKENS!! That's right, Corey and I are proud owners of two different breeds of chickens: Buff Brahma Bantams and Red Jungle Fowl (which are said to be the first real chicken.) The Brahma's will be the egg layers as they are reported to be kid friendly. The Red Jungle Fowl are very aggressive and will be free range roamers, and some will eventually be dinner.
We are also hatching duck eggs, Muscovy's to be exact. Unfortunately a very ugly duckling....they are probably the reason that story was created in the first place. However, they are said to be very mild tempered and good eating.
Several people have asked where we plan to raise them, we have options of people who will let us rent a parcel of ground. we have a corral to put them in and a cargo trailer we will use as a "chicken coop." Most people think we are crazy, but we are psyched. This has been seven years in the making to start our little farm, and we will find a way to do it, come h*** or high water!!

1 comment:
Thanks for your activity suggestions. I will surely email for more details. You are one of the wisest friends I have, why didn't I just ask YOU in the first place?! :)
You have been doing so many fun things! Jaden would love that train ride. Too bad we aren't closer! And your little farm...someday when our back yard is more than 10 square feet...:) I'm so glad you have family nearby that you can do things with. Being so far away has amplified in my mind what a blessing that is. I will be even more grateful now when we are able to return!
ps- Zoee is doing great! No starchy veggies & no oatmeal & she is good to go now! :) Thanks so much for your help/suggestions. You did more than all the Drs put together!
Post a Comment