Monday, March 30, 2009

Twilight REDEEMED

"Despite Bella's initial reluctance to be a teenage bride, she and her beloved vampire Edward tie the knot at the beginning of BREAKING DAWN. Then comes the honeymoon ... which leaves Bella pregnant with a baby that saps her strength and health as quickly as it grows inside her..."

"Fans finally get what they want at the beginning of this fourth book in the bestselling Twilight Saga: a fairytale wedding, a honeymoon, and s-e-x. Once that's out of the way, teens who are just in it for the romance shouldn't go any further. The small percentage of readers who are in it for the blood and supernatural creatures will get both...."

Reviewed by Carrie R. Wheadon

I am really happy to hear that the previous spoiler I had read regarding premarital sex and teen pregnancy was VERY WRONG!! Thank you Aimei for setting me straight. Although I do still have a pet peeve about accepting plots that go against my own beliefs in the name of being entertained, and that is something that I am working on. Perhaps I am being too hard on myself, but ever since I have had kids I am more sensitive to what I am watching or reading and what my boys will be exposed to and how it contradicts what I would want to teach them.

2 comments:

beadify said...

I'm one of the "clueless about Twilight" people. Everyone I know talks about it, but I haven't had my interest peaked enough to care yet. And even if I did care, when would I ever have time to read, right?!? I laughed at the comment in your previous post about not having time to read books because of your demanding children...amen to that sista! :) I can't even keep the laundry and the dishes done right now!

Hailey said...

I SO UNDERSTAND. In fact I am attempting to do my laundry and dishes right now, while the kids take a nap. IM SO GLAD IM NOT ALONE!! I just figured I was a really crappy homemaker. Maybe feeling overwhelmed and tired....is just normal?