
I have such happy news to announce and it is not even my news. My former mission companion, former college roommate and dear friend Nicki Gardner just sent me the most wonderful e-mail this morning. She and her husband have been trying to adopt a baby, and just two weeks ago they were contacted by a birth mother and chosen to adopt a little baby girl. The baby weighed in at 6 lbs. 5 oz. and was 19 1/2 inches long. Nicki had the opportunity to be in the delivery room with the birth mother!! Although the birth mother is ready to sign the adoption papers, the birth father is hesitating. Nicki and Eric have been awarded temporary custody of Callie until the birth parents make their final decision. I would ask anyone who reads this blog to please pray and perhaps fast for my dear friend and her husband. They are such wonderful people and I know Nicki would be such a loving and caring mother to this baby. Pray that the birth parents will have the love and courage necessary to give this baby two loving parents like Nicki and Eric.

3 comments:
Oh Hay, they'll be in my prayers. Jeff's sister tried for 9 years to have one and 6 to adopt before they finally just had their baby. I just can't imagine loving her and taking care of her not knowing you can keep her. I sure hope it turns out right for them.
I will be praying that the birth father chooses to place his daughter with this family! I couldn't imagine how hard that would be, but it is the right decision!
Thank you for your prayers, I know Nicki would appreciate it.
Post a Comment