Grandpa Jay Welling is sniffing red face, grandma Brenda Welling was named downloads porn because a couple years ago all these pop ups kept coming up on their computer and she didn't know how to stop it. They finally got some filters put on their computer. Because she HATES her Indian name, we gave her a name she could use around the grand children (one with chi) because of her chi machine she uses.
Corey and I were given really classy names. Corey is one hung low and I am pants undone. My sister helped with my name. She was visiting us during one reunion up at the cabin. It was the year I was pregnant with Thayne and we had not told our family yet. I was too big for my pants but still too small to fit maternity pants, so I often had my top button undone or had a rubber band wraped around the button part. She made a comment that whenever she sees me my pants are always undone, then laughed and said: "that should be your Indian name." (I had not been named at that point yet.) Well, it was unanimously accepted by the Welling family, and thus I gained my name.
Tausha is lacking tact because she has a tendency to say things that just come out sounding wrong or crass. We have struggled to find a name for her husband, so I am not sure if we ever actually settled on anything for him yet. Tracey is stinking wind, Nicki got a fishing hook caught in her chin during one of our other reunions so she was named "hook-n- chin". Paul is hacking flem and Caddie is spitting fish, because the first time she tried sushi she spit it out. She doesn't like sea food anyway so I am surprised she even tried sushi.
The grand kids have names like dancing wind and island born. But Paul and Caddie's twins may have recieved their permanent names because theirs are just too funny. Jordan always uses his middle finger to point at things, so he is pointing bird. Jeran went and crawled into the outhouse this summer so he was named stands in poo.
My boys are throwing rocks (Thayne) and hatching eggs (Ashton). Evan will be named later. Thayne actually named ashton. We were going over everyone's real names and when I asked Thayne to say Ashton's name he popped off with hatching eggs. Which is actually appropriate because Ashton has a habit of getting into the fridge (even though there is a lock on it) and dumping eggs on the floor. So the name stuck.
Besides the Indian ceremony we also buried money in the sand for the kids to dig through and find. We ate together and talked a lot. Went fishing together, that was fun. Rode on the four wheelers and played some games. All in all it was a good trip.

No comments:
Post a Comment