Monday, May 3, 2010

A Big Thank You

Thanks to everyone who commented on my mission reunion post. I guess at the time I didn't mean to bear my testimony but that is what happened. I enjoyed reading the responses so much that I wanted to comment back to those individuals, but didn't know if it would be read in the comments section. So I am dedicating a post just for my replies.

Daisy: We were all naive back then, I too remember being critical of the members while I was a missionary.....thinking they should be more involved in missionary work, more friendly to the investigators, etc. When I was about to return home I made a list of goals, some of which now haunt me to my very core. I said I would attend convert baptisms in support of the new members and befriend them as much as possible. I also wanted to have the missionaries over for dinners, teaching lessons to investigators, and I was going to go on splits. Yeah I haven't done any of that yet. I was also going to dedicate one day out of the month to go to the temple. I would spend the WHOLE day there doing EVERYTHING. I haven't done that either. nor do I see it as a possibility any time in the near future. Not until my kids are either older, or out of the house. I have to laugh now at the high expectations I set for myself. I think, unknowingly, I set myself up for failure on that one. Oh well...we live, learn and as I said before....try, try again.

Jennifer: I didn't remember at first about the subscription to bedpans......but it doesn't surprise me that you would have signed me up for it. I love your stinking guts......and now that I was reminded of your mischievousness......be on the look out for a surprise of your own! I was operating on auto pilot at the time of my mom's funeral, so I am happy to hear that I was a "gracious hostess" at the time. It meant a lot to me to have my friends come out and support me during that time and give me their well wishes and sympathy. If I didn't already do so, I want to thank you and everyone else for that kindness. You were true examples of those who "mourn with those who mourn and comfort those who stand in need of comfort."

Cami: You are such a sweetheart and I value your friendship and your advice as much as you value mine. How grateful I am that we became friends when we did. If nothing good came from our association with Matt and Mark--we can at least thank those dough heads for our bond. I wish we lived closer.....thank goodness for the Internet and Blogs so that I can keep in touch with all of my dearest friends.

Wishing all of my friends the best this day, and every day. Your friendship warms my heart and I love hearing from you....keep it up!!!

3 comments:

beadify said...

dough heads - that's a good description :) love it! thank goodness that was so 10 years ago! :) can't believe how quickly time passes! love you!

Christian and Jennifer said...

I'm so sorry I missed this post! Thank you for your kind words and I sincerely hope I do NOT have a brochure for bedpans in my mailbox tomorrow. I miss you so much and love you dearly. Thanks for being my friend.

The Welling Family -- said...

I like the new picture you put up of your boys. It's cute.