Well, I bet you cant guess what this post is about?! Corey and I are happy to announce that we are expecting our third (and final) child due Feb 22, 2010.When Thayne was 6 months old Corey and I both were getting feelings that there was a second child. Six months later I became pregnant. When Ashton was born I immediately started getting feelings that there was a third, I plead with the Lord to give me at least six months maybe a little longer.....eight months later......surprise? (or not.) We didn't plan this (or any of our pregnancies really.) But we are thrilled to be having this new little one join us.
I do feel a little bad that my baby boy is already going to become a big brother in 7 short months. (Ashton will be 17-18 months by the time the baby is born.) On the other hand, the thought of having our little family all at once and calling it quits is kind of a relief. Recently I have been asked by two different individuals how many kids Corey and I plan to have, I told them both I was not sure, I knew I wouldn't have had more than four. After discussing it, Corey and I both agree our family is complete. (Three under three will be enough of a handful.) I've been pretty sick and really worn out with this pregnancy. (I know having them back to back hasn't helped any.) I believe starting a family in your thirties is a lot harder on your body then if you started in your twenties. With age comes complications for both Mother and baby, so it's a comfort to know we would be done having our babies before I am even in my mid thirties. (I will be 31 this year.)
I have a feeling it is another boy. At least I will have plenty of farmhands to help with the chickens, goats and ducks. :) Kevin, my brother in law had a pretty classic response when we told him. First he snorted, then he said: "What are you trying to do catch up with everyone?"

No comments:
Post a Comment